Friday, April 17, 2020

How to change Netflix subtitle style on iPad


So I just got the new iPad Pro 2020 version. It’s the first ipad I ever got. I want to use it as an entertainment/editing machine on the go. As I was testing the Netflix app on iPad, I was shocked to see that the subtitle has a block background. This Is the first time I see such style, it never happened when I was using a pc with chrome browser. So naturally I thought it was Netflix app screw up, I looked around in the app setting as well as the Netflix account setting, I couldn’t find such setting. It turns out it’s the iOS/iPadOS screwing up. iOS has dedicated subtitle setting in accessibility section.

By default, it has this style with semi transparent blocky background. You can create your own.

You do get quite some flexibility in the styles , but unfortunately you can not adjust the vertical placement.


After the adjustment, I am quite happy with the end result. I’m assuming it works same way with iPhone and Apple TV, but I am not bothered to look into it.

By the way, this is the first post I wrote on wix app with iPad. I am happy that the wix app is fully compatible with iPadOS. But what’s the deal with iPad Pro does not support split keyboard? Is Apple that desperate wants to sell you their 299/349 keyboard?

show/hide
HERE IS WHERE YOU PLACE THE HIDDEN TEXT.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The IoT SIM showcase bears much more noteworthy potential than conventional M2M since of endeavor integration, the potential for higher-order benefits, and the capacity to oblige more and a more extensive assortment of gadgets.

    ReplyDelete